Wednesday 3 November 2010

V&A vs Getty.

The V&A. I'm consistently overwhelmed by the intricate fashion related exhibitions they showcase. As I'm now a resident of the North I check on the site to plan my visitations to coincide with the dazzling displays. Whilst having a poke around I found their V&A images index which provides a visual catalogue from the vast collection, as well as providing updates and news.

As noted before, I have a teentsy fur fetish. Whilst checking out the 'Showcase' section I came across a treat that could only be met with a shriek. A dedication to the fur coat. Heavenly.

On showing this to my boy, he noted it was 'like Getty images'. I think not.


John French image from 1960s


Post Script

Every fashion industry fanatic has commented on the imminent Lanvin for H&M range. I've had a look & good golly miss molly, this could be the best collaboration yet.

Roll on 23.

1 comment:

  1. What a great resource, thanks for providing the link. Visiting the V & A is still on my list of things to do.. but living in LA makes this difficult. Now I can peruse from my own home!

    Thanks!
    -Leah
    http://couturearabesque.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete