Tuesday 11 January 2011

Fax. Facts. Fax.

Reading the Metro on the tram this fine morn, a charming excerpt from a recent Ronnie Wood interview wormed its way into making an impression on me;

" Keith, he still communicates through fax, no other way but a fax. That’s why I never hear much from him because I ain’t got a fax machine. It’s fantastic; you get a message from Keith on a fax. You get ‘I don’t know when, I don’t know where, just get ready. Love, Keith.' " (Metro, from Music-News.com).

With all our blogs, tweets, 'frapes' and BBMing etc it's ironic that one of the original au courant rock & roll hipsters, uses pre-internet, pre SMS communicative methods. I think I might suggest to use carrier pigeons. Much more reliable. In comparison to the Royal Mail at the very least.

When I think of faxes, I automatically think of The Parent Trap. Particularly when one of the LiLo's faxes the other, an image of a Golden Retriever barking '999'.

I do love that film. Though I might just love the original more.



UPDATE Jan 12; turns out Alber Elbaz admits he is a little behind in the technology stakes. These technophobe-celebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment