Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bieber Brand-wagon.

Whatever next, Suri Cruise becoming the face of childrens UFC?

I almost fell out of of my wheel chair on reading about Justin Biebers new (world domination) venture. Nail varnish. I can cope (and embrace) JPGs Monsieur range, but he is his own, fearless brand ambassador -the 'enfant terrible dela mode' - toast of creative circles, adored by the fashion fearless, and, more importantly, antithesis to Justin Bieber. The clean cut foetus is soon to release a biography, already has a fashion line (it hurt to type that), and accessory catalogue that includes everything but the kitchen sink; lunchboxes, Christmas cards, charm bracelets, bandannas and cuddly toys.

When will the pushy-pushy teen-bopper music business learn. Talent is a gift. Musical talent should sell records & possibly a few posters for the little ladies to kiss before bedtime. Fashion talent should sell fashion, or fashion related/mouldable products. I venerate logical extensions of talent; JPG has teamed up with Roche Bobois, the chic French furniture firm; I'm particulalry excited about the idea of his collection including "a sectional sofa with sex appeal: mattress-like modules that incorporate my signature tattoo prints and sailor stripes, as well as a portrait of lovers who are about to kiss. This sofa brings the bedroom into any room in your house." (Gaultier to Vogue). That makes sence. However, Bieber + nail varnish = madness.

I recall Pierre Cardin starting like this, probably the most famous name lending case. Look at that sob story.

In other news, I hang my unknowledgeable head. I have never stumbled upon United Nude before. I fell for the brand at first line:
This story begins with a broken heart. Rem's attempt to get the girl back was made by downsizing architecture to its smallest and most vulnerable scale, that of a woman's foot.'

Simply cannot wait to see in the (leather) flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment