Thursday 3 November 2011

Riff.

I saw a man last night. Busking at Oxford Street tube. He had one arm & essentially two elbows. Strumming the electric guitar. I felt torn; stare & guilt trip myself into giving shrapnel or sneak a glance and alienate this guy from the rest of the buskers.

It pains me to judge, but yet it's oh so natural.

I myself am from a family of mental and physical differences. Jesus.

In the end I momentarily gawped, til I recognised the riff. It was the Stones (favourites). Paint it Black.

Ironic.

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby it just happens everyday

Standing out. Sharing his talent.

It's not guilt I'm feeling. It's jealousy for his confidence. & his musical ability.

The TFL project works. Take a looky-see.

This image was from Google when I typed Busker. Like (or hate) it.

No comments:

Post a Comment