Saturday 19 November 2011

iPlayer.

Looking at the news, strands of social media and overhearing the local titter I can't help but think it's a repeat.

Life has become indistinguishable from BBC iPlayer. You've a section for everything, a time for everything; Eastenders & Corrie are still at war pre watershed, Tony Blackburn is still banging on about Pick of the Pops (I love it really) & fashion has turned into Dr Who - metallics are back in.

People say they live for the weekend, when really they live to laze. I'm as guilty of this as the next tweenager, but when you spend each day in a cycle of job applications, awaiting automated rejection & thinking you're better than a single room it's pretty dim.

I'm a communicator, I like to learn & then regurgitate.

A few geriatrics told me this is the time of my life. Jesus, if this is the prime I dread to think what's round the corner.

Still, off to a Tea & Coffee festival. I shant actually be sampling these tipples. Much like an Italian refusing to try frozen yoghurt, I cannot bring myself to trying anything other than breakfast tea.

You can take the girl out of the North ...

No comments:

Post a Comment