Wednesday 8 February 2012

Clone-Wed.

I heard that in France, instead of Saturdays & Sundays being rest days for school-goers, it was Wednesday and Sunday. I'm torn as to whether I like the idea but simultaneously nonplussed as I'll never have to try it.

Today was another day of rest for me.

Amusing myself by popping an exercise DVD on and chortling at my mothers lack of hand-eye coordination, coupled with a frantic search for a meaningless job my morning was lacking quality.

What else do narrow-minded hum-drum life living beings do on a Wednesday afternoon? Begins with an Orange. No citrus. No vitamins.

Being the stereotypical half-century she is, Mother plumped for the eye candy. Who needs a plot thinner than Geri circa 'It's Raining Men' when you have George Clooney? The Descendants. Apparently 7.7 on IMDB.

Not only did I face the assault course of geriatrics on the gangway but one of their brick-like 3310's hit me on the head and hip as they fumbled to their seats.

Settling in with my ginger chews and illegal diet Pepsi I was confident the feature wouldn't hold any resemblance to my last cinema trip (Shame. It was a second date. I had been warned. Note to self; take warnings. Never believe IMDB, an 8? Seriously?).

Blah, blah, blah trailer, blah, blah, blah really annoying signatures (directors of the BBFC - major irk of mine), trailer, blah, Orange advert, blah. BAM the line 'escape from reality. Cinema'. Blah, blah, blah film. Blah, blah, blah loud chewing and slurping from the elderly (includes Mother).

I cannot recall the characters names, nor do I wish to. Just the line 'escape from reality'. Surely, that's what we do each and every day. Hum-drum doesn't become radical whilst at the cinema. The cinema doesn't alleviate oppression from our lives. Advertising indicates our lives can be constantly improved, enhanced or transformed.

I type this after calling Mother to ask her to turn the TV down. I'm 20 feet away from her. Is this a taste of what to expect if I admit defeat and return to the family home? Whilst I may not wish to adopt the French educational rota, their philosophy and vigour for life enthuses me. Take Absurdist Albert Camus. His fundamental question in philosophy was to question whether suicide was the correct action to take against an absurd world. He died in 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment