Monday 23 May 2011

By Scott.

I watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World last night. I say watched ... I watched half & fell asleep. The plot was a little, robotic, which it was meant to be, I understand, I really do, but when a theme becomes counter-ironic? You have a predictable ticking clock of boredom on your hands.

With a synopsis of 'Scott Pilgrim must defeat his new girlfriend's sever evil exes in order to win her heart' I should have known. I'm not one who understands comic books, so to adapt a great series by Bryan Lee O'Malley and allow me to view it? A mistake in itself. Like subjecting a Football Fantasy enthusiast to viewing the Elizabeth duo (speaking from experience). It was doomed from the start.

Wafter thin plot, a band called Sex Bob-omb and dare I say it, an overload of Michael Cera predicability*. I was bored.

On a lighter note, I am elation epitomised at the thought of the imminent Arrested Development film.



* Cera, please acquire another dimension and put a few pounds on, you looked quite the alien in SPvsW.

No comments:

Post a Comment