Sunday 2 December 2012

Double You.

4 months.

4 facts.

I went to the Aurora Ball last month. Held at the Waldorf, London, in support of the charity Richard House. I have interdenominational views on such affairs. Restraining my trite rambling, I will paint an image that summed up the night: Several mothers of terminally ill children who benefit(ed) from Richard House were present (making up around 2% of those in attendance). As an individual who has close family who are physically and mentally disabled, I felt a slight affiliation with these women so made an effort to speak to them. On their way out, I shook their hands and wished them all the luck for the future, they beamed at me noting that I was only one of a handful of people who had spoken to them, asked about their children, and taken an interest. They had had a superb evening, had a glimpse into 'another world' but were under no illusions that this was a reality. Such selfabnegation, such humility - such a rarity. My heart hurts thinking about it.

This is what I wore;


Taken in my hotel room (Park Grand London - sterling chambers)*. 

People who feel lonely are more likely to take longer showers and longer baths (from WTFFacts)

I believe it time to admit I have an irrational fear of lisps. Wayward.



*Little did I think that 92% of women at said event, would wear black. I cannot tell a lie, I enjoyed this fact (marginally). 

No comments:

Post a Comment